Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chuck Close


I have always been amazed by Chuck Close's work, especially his pixel portrait paintings. I love the way that he uses a grid system in all of his work as a guide or restraint, but he still has the ability to make the piece "pop" and come to life. The colors he uses and his knowledge of color theory is off the charts. I use his work as a constant source for inspiration, which is why I am posting it on this blog, in hope to inspire any one else that views this.

The link that I am posting is to his website. It is a timeline illustrating his earliest work up to his most recent work. There are also a few interesting pictures that show the process of how he created some of his work. Enjoy!

http://chuckclose.com/#/official-gallery


-Ryan Hammerle

No comments:

Post a Comment